Adaptive Web Design tailors websites to specific patterns of user interaction across different platforms and devices.
Adaptive websites are designed to adjust the structure, content or presentation of information in response to measured user interaction. Auto-detection scripts identify the browsing device and deliver the best version of the site based on the device's size and capabilities. Page load times can be controlled by removing or optimising images and video to speed up load times.
User behaviour models can be created based on behaviour patterns. User behaviour patterns can be formulated using several techniques including:
- Analysing user behaviour patterns on a current website using web analytics information.
- By aggregating behaviour information from multiple users and their clustered interaction patterns.
- Using pattern data mined from web server logs.
- Statistical hypothesis testing such as A/B testing and random variation.
The images below illustrate examples of adaptive websites.
How you benefit...
- Deliver optimised user experiences tailored to the device that your consumers are using.
- Better portability and connectivity for your consumers with faster download speeds.
- A competitive advantage to stand out amongst your competitors and capture visitor attention.
We can help by...
- Evaluating your online needs and advising whether adaptive web design is appropriate for your business and domain.
- Using web analytics from your existing desktop website to analyse your user behaviour and recommend mobile optimised smartphone and tablet versions of your site.
- Creating and implementing an auto-detection script on your web server to identify the browsing device and deliver the most appropriate desktop, tablet or mobile website.
Contact us for more information...
By Anil Sojitra
Deliver the best user experience to your consumers.
- Keep existing desktop website.
- Add on tailored mobile friendly websites.
- Provide the best user experience across devices.