Make the most of your website
You can earn potentially significant amounts of additional revenue from your online sites by publishing Display Adverts.
Display Advertising is online advertising that appears next to and within content on websites, blogs, Instant Messenger(IM) and other web applications. Also referred to as banner advertising, it is generally delivered in industry standard ad sizes and formats and can include text, logos, images and rich media. Rich media, synonymous for interactive multimedia, is a type of enhanced media that utilises a combination of text, audio, images, animation, video, and interactivity content for active participation from the recipient of the ad.
Brands and advertisers make use of Display Advertising for the following reasons:
- To deliver brand messages and raise brand awareness.
- To immerse consumers with interactive and entertaining experiences.
- To generate a direct response from consumers.
- To evoke emotional responses from consumers.
- To capture valuable data without the consumer having to leave the site they're on.
Advertisers can choose from a variety of ad formats with differing levels of impact and intrusion factors. A carefully planned ad strategy should identify which ad formats to use to achieve the best levels of impact without too much intrusion so as to be acceptable to consumers.
Some popular ad formats include Skyscraper, Leaderboard, Full/Half Banner, Mid Page Unit (MPU), Video MPU, Overlay, Push Down, Page Peel, Expandable Banner, Expandable Data Capture Banner and Sponsorship e.g. Home Page Take Over.
Note: Nowadays pop-up advertising is not recommended and is mostly a thing of the past! It's just too intrusive.
Ads are normally served to publishers websites via third-party Ad Servers such as Adtech or Google DoubleClick. Ad servers are considered to be trusted providers of ads and generally conform to industry guidelines. Ad servers use a number of different factors to select which websites to include on a media schedule in order to target the correct consumers. Some typical types of targeting methods include:
- Mindset: catching consumers during the relevant activity phase such as when they are actively searching for a relevant product or service. Search pages and online shopping sites are examples of targeting to a user’s mindset.
- Lifestyle: such as interest groups, hobbies, sports etc.
- Demographic targeting: based on certain demographic categories like age and gender.
- Geographic targeting: targeting by country using the domain (.co.uk, .co.fr) or by local targeting (e.g. area specific sites)
- Behavioural targeting: anonymous analysis of user's internet behaviour and interest categories can be used to match ads to relevant publishers. This type of targeting minimises media wastage.
- Contextual targeting: similar to mindset targeting, advertisers will be aligned to relevant editorial content across a whole site or network of sites.
Ad servers are also responsible for administrative tasks such as the counting of ad impressions and clicks, and reporting on campaign performance.
How you benefit...
- Earn money from your website potentially generating significant levels of additional revenue for your business.
- Utilise our knowledge and expertise in display advertising to create and manage your ad inventory and achieve the most revenue.
We can help by...
- Evaluating your website and recommending the most appropriate ad inventory for you as an ad publisher.
- Configuring Ad Servers to serve optimum adverts to your ad inventory.
- Tracking, monitoring and reporting on your ad inventory performance to ensure you maximise revenue.
Contact us for more information...
By Anil Sojitra
Make the most of your online space. Earn revenue from your website.