Attract consumers to your business through your content
Inbound Marketing is the process of advertising a business through its content.
To "do" Inbound Marketing a business needs to "do" content. Content comes in various formats including website content, blogs, podcasts, video, eBooks, enewsletters, whitepapers, SEO, social media marketing and other forms of content marketing.
In contrast, outbound marketing refers to traditional forms of advertising including cold calling, paper advertising, radio, TV advertisements, sales flyers, email marketing and telemarketing.
Inbound Marketing earns the attentions of consumers and draws visitors to business sites by producing engaging and interesting content. But to actually build a successful content creation process, there's the dream and there's the reality.
The content creation dream:
- Publish amazing blog and news content everyday.
- Create offers every week to generate new leads.
- Design attractive and engaging images and infographics to share on social media.
- Be on the cutting edge of the latest content formats and ideas to keep your consumers interested.
The content creation reality:
- Publish blog and news posts when someone has the time to write one.
- Intend to create new lead generation offers each month but only manage to produce one every now and then.
- Have a largely image free social media prescence except for the odd one pulled in from blog posts you put on your timeline.
- Remain months behind the adoption of new content trends.
The key to successful content creation is to create a business culture that supports the goal of frequent and high quality content creation. Businesses that have created a content culture view content as the basis for running an inbound business from Sales, to Marketing, to Support, to Services, to Research and Development.
Your business culture should involve:
- Investing in qualified content creators - Invest in bringing in at least one excellent content creator and publisher into your organisation. This person should know about your industry so they can write intelligently about subjects that matter most to your target audience.
- Mobilise every employee to create content - Everyone in your business should have the ability to contribute to content creation. Foster a culture of content creators. This is beneficial to your business because you’re getting content that highlights different perspectives and different areas of expertise, both of which make your content more well-rounded and able to address the needs of different consumer personas. Content should be written like you speak and free of jargon and business babble.
- Inspire every employee to create content - Reward it. Make it a competition. Lead by example.
- Foster and enable employees content creation abilities - Create guideline they can follow. Give them the appropriate tools to record ideas and write content.
The more your business "does" content the easier it will become. Content creation will become part of how your business operates.
MUST READ: If you want to increase your business's market share through your online sites, please read this: http://t.co/KrefRIB2lC— LikeToHelp Ltd. (@LikeToHelpLtd) March 13, 2014
We can help by...
- Advising on your content creation strategy based on your business goals.
- Advising how to create content in a fast, easy and efficient way.
- Advising on new content formats that are favourable to consumer consumption.
- Measuring your content performance and advising on improvments to increase conversion rates.
Contact us for more information...
By Anil Sojitra
An investment in great content will promote your brand and services to your consumers and potential customers.